Monday, 7 October 2013
Record Company Logo
This is my companies logo which I shall place on my digipak for the song Once A Liar (Always A Fake).
The inspiration for the name comes form the now disbanded band named A Static Lullaby. I am a fan of the band and wanted to incorporate something of them into my project, and as such I thought the name "Static Lullabies" was a good choice when it came to a record label name. The reason I have taken a like to the name "Static Lullabies" is due to the fact, in my own mind, it takes on a sinister kind of name, which is often also associated with the genre of music I have chosen. The reason I believe it takes on a sinister mood is due to the fact a lullaby is something which an adult shall read to a child when they are about to go to sleep in order to get the to rest, yet the connotations of the word "Static" bring to mind a horrible, crackling noise which causes distress and often a sense of unrest. Other connotations of the word are being at rest or having no motion, angry/heated criticism and also an interference/obstruction. These connotations create an oxymoron, due to the fact that a lullaby is meant to be a form of relaxing or soothing whereas static is a word which has connotations of unrest and disturbing, which creates a nice contrast. The image is also a piece of the logo I like, due to the fact it seems like someone is trapped within something and cannot escape which, in a deeper reading, could be seen as the story behind the song choice [Once A Liar (Always A Fake)] as its about a person being stuck in a relationship with not much escape, then when they do escape they're left fighting the feelings of worthlessness and not being strong enough to carry on.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment